History

The Club was officially opened in 1922, having developed into an 18 hole links course from earlier beginnings. The first recorded game of golf was organised here by the Nettlefold family in 1920. Robert Nettlefold used the family property as an improvised course and indeed established the Kingston Beach Golf Course.

The Clubhouse was built in the 1830's by the pioneering Lucas family, whose descendents are members of the club today. The building is listed on the National Trust heritage register.

The course, known as Nettlefold Reserve, was proclaimed a bird sanctuary in 1942 and as many as 80 species of birds inhabit the area. Originally links in style, over the years many trees have been planted to tighten up the course.

Since its inauguration, Kingston Beach has produced many fine players with members of the Nettlefold and Toogood families in particular achieving international recognition.

The club currently has approximately 775 members.

Kingston Beach Golf Club is affiliated with Golf Australia (AGU) & the Tasmanian Golf Council